When you look at life, there are 10 things they won't teach you in school
As a parent, it is your responsibility to help your children, so take a look at these 10 things they won't teach you in school:
1. Life is not fair, get used to it:
We say, like Dennis Wholey says: “To expect the world must treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting a bull not to attack you, because you are a vegetarian.” Life is not fair, but that is no reason to get discouraged – make the best of everything!
2. You will not right after finishing high school, get a huge salary per year:
The inventor Thomas Edison said: ”Success is 10% inspiration and 90% sweat.”
The truth is, success costs hard work and lots of time. The harder you work, the more good chances come up.
3. The TV is not real life. In real life people leave coffee shops and have to go back to work:
Remember, life does not have to be like in the movies to be fun.
4. You are never too good to sweep floors or work on a till. Our grandparents had another word for this “opportunity”:
A Job is a job! Take what you can get, especially when the economy is bad, and work hard so that you can get promoted.
5. Before you were born, your parents weren’t as boring as they are now. They became that way because they have to pay your accounts like school fees, they have to wash your clothes and listen how you tell them how cool you think you are:
Your parents are your rock. They are always there for you, no matter what. Handle them like the precious treasure they are.
6. Life is not divided into terms and you don’t get four holidays per year. Employers are also not interested in helping you find yourself. That you can do in your own time:
Think about weekends as mini holidays and learn how to make the most of every moment you’ve got.
7. Be kind to “nerds”, you might have to work for one someday:
Give one of them a hug today, and if you are one, grab the opportunity – there are great thing in store for you.
8. The world does not care about your self-confidence. The world expects you to reach something before you feel good about yourself:
Yes, you must deserve someone’s respect, but you must also believe in yourself. You are the only one who has control over your self-confidence. Make as if you are the best until you really are the best.
9. If you think your teacher is strict, wait until you get a boss:
It is not that bosses are mean, they just expect more from you than you teacher, because you are costing them money. That is the reason they will want to get rid of you if you don’t work well.
10. In school there it might not always be about winning or loosing, but in life it is.
In school it is bad to stay behind for a year and you get allot of chances to get the answer right, but in real life it is not so:
Look at rule 1.
You can share these 10 things they will not teach you in school with your friends, because we need our children to realize what real life outside of school is about, so that they can become better adults.