Start with this beginners guide: what to do if you want to make oney online:
This is a guide on what to do if you want to make money online and is completely for beginners who are not making money on anything at this stage and are searching for ways to make money online
This article is not meant to discourage you, but to make sure that you are guided in the right direction. It is written in normal plain English for everybody to understand, because there is a certain writing language you must use when you build a website, but I want you to understand what you are reading and not try to figure out what exactly I am saying.
Why I am writing a beginners guide on what to do if you want to make money online:
I decided to write this article to guide those looking for ways to make money online or how to make money on the internet, because with the current economical situation of the entire world, more and more people are looking for ways to make money online.
The sad thing is, like everywhere, you find people who want to cheat you, or people who just wants to make money from you - sadly, that is their primary purpose and that is how they make it in this online money industry.
When you start to work on your website or blog to make money online, I urge you to please keep in mind that you must think of the people who are buying from you, don't try to cheat them just because you want to make money online.
The primary question here is - can you really make money taking surveys?
I suggest you read the article above, written on Blogstash.com, according to them, you can make money with surveys.
My survey experience
I have never made money from a survey, although I do belong to two. Maybe it is because you must belong to more survey companies to be able to make money. One of the one's I belong to is Panel Station. I receive allot of surveys from them, which I do, but the other day I thought "Let me see if I can claim the money form them before I go on with answering the surveys." I logged into my account, this was the first time I did this since I joined them. There was another four surveys I had to answer, which I did, for one of the surveys I was thrown out, because I can read fast, apparently you are not allowed to read too fast, they want you to spend a certain amount of time on a specific survey.
You must have more than 2000 points before you can claim and at that stage I had more than 2000, so I decided to claim them. I had to type in my phone number for them to send me the special code which I must type in to claim. The message said that the message was sent successfully, but I did not receive any code. I did this twice and still did not receive any code, so the moral of the story: I could not claim anything yet from this survey.
With the other survey company, I answered some surveys and my balance is still zero and my surveys completed also zero.
But don't let me discourage you, read the article above on Blogstash - I did not try any of the surveys he recommends, because quite honestly, I don't have time for that.
What is a survey
When you apply for a survey company, they send you allot of questions to answer. These questions are apparently from bigger companies who wants to find out more about certain ways people use things and preferences. It is very easy, all you have to do is answer the questions, which are like monkey puzzles. You click on the answer (which must be the truth) and move on to the next question until you are finished with the survey or they don't need you to answer more questions, because you don't fall under the next category. You get a certain amount of points which you can exchange for vouchers, money or whatever options the company gives.
What kinds of questions do they ask?
It is really simple questions and none of them are directed to you personally. They are general questions like about your car. If you have one or more, what make and model, would you buy a new car, etc.
They don't ask anything about you personally or let you reveal any of your private information.
If you have to pay to join a survey company - don't even consider using them.
Over to you
In the end, the choice is yours to see if you can make it work.
Is there anyone who has made money from surveys? Feel free to let us know in the comment section.
Building your own website or blog:
I know that if you are looking for ways to make money online, that means you don't have money to waste. When I started off, I was very upset when I bought a brilliant book that helped me to set up this WordPress site. What upset me was the fact that I don't have money, used the only money I had on this book and now I have to pay for other things as well - like the domain name and hosting.
I want to guide you in a completely different direction with building a website. I want you to first, before you buy your domain name or get your hosting, find out if this is going to work for you, so read further, before you start your site.
What is a blog or website?
The platform where you are reading this, this is a website, built with the help of WordPress and the Genesis Framework.
Where to start with a website?
First of all, I know that when you typed in the search phrase how to make money online that you urgently need to make money online, but I want you to forget about that for now.
What you need to do is to find out all you can about building a website, what you must know and who will help you. Here I will guide you so that you can first see if this is going to work for you, because when you started off, there is no turning back. Except if you are willing to loose the money you spent on your domain name, hosting, theme, etc.
1. I suggest that you become a member of Copyblogger. For the normal membership it does not cost anything, it is just if you decide to upgrade to the Authority membership that you have to pay. What you learn form the normal membership will be enough to give you an idea of what you must be able to do before you even start. To become a member, click here.
What you need to become a member is only an email address. You must be able to download the free PDF books that they give you and you can wait until they send you your first email and work through the material in the order they send them to you or you can read as much as you can to find out exactly what you are going to have to do.
2. Decide what your niche (certain line of interest) is going to be. In other words, what would you like to write the most about. What kinds of articles and knowledge would you like to share with people.
When you know what you would like to write about, go online. Search in Google all that you can to see other websites in you niche and decide if you think that you will be able to give more information or do it better.
3. When you know what your line of interest is and you feel that you can share new, fresh information about this - that you won't find anywhere else on the internet - then you must write 10 articles for each category on each topic you would have on your site.
Let's say you decide to write about cars. You will have sub categories on cars, which might be sports cars, old cars (antiques) or maybe every different make of a car like Toyota, Ford, etc. Under each category you must write at least 10 articles, so if you go for the makes of the cars, you must write 10 articles on Toyota, 10 on Ford, etc.
If you are able to do this, then you might start considering starting a Website and try to make money this way. If you cannot do this, I would suggest that you don't even try to do this. I don't want to discourage you, I want you to know what you will be letting yourself into.
4. When you have a Website, you must do your advertising as well. The best place to find more information on creating and working on your social media sites to grow your online business is at Social Media Examiner. You can read a post here on managing your facebook page.
Feel free to subscribe to their newsletters to find out more about what you must do to grow your online presence.
When you read more about it, you will start to understand what you must do and how much work is going into owning a Website.
5. Don't believe anyone who is telling you that you can make this huge amounts of money, you must start at the bottom and work your way up. That is why I said that you must forget about making money for now, because when you start with you Website, you will not be making any money for at least a year or more. I realize that you need to make money, but again, the purpose of this article is to make sure that you are not wasting money when you don't have enough to live on.
6. You can even read 10 reasons you will never make money with your blog. There are some tips and you can see some of the challenges that you will run into when you decide to try this way to make money online.
7. When you have a Website, by law, you are obligated to have a Disclosure policy and by law, you must tell people when you have affiliate links on your site. You can download the Disclosure policies (FREE PDF download) and look at it so long.
8. Read some of the articles on Daily Blog tips, like five HTML tags every blogger should know.
Although you might not understand everything if you are a beginner, when you already gain this knowledge before you consider starting a Website, you are a step ahead of the rest and again, this will help you decide if this is going to work for you before you spend any money.
I would also suggest you read the following:
For this lesson, I think this is enough information to confuse you for now and enough reading material to keep you busy for a while. I will write more on this topic, because it is quite a huge topic to cover to make sure this beginners guide: what to do if you want to make money online will help you understand what to expect before you jump in and spend allot of money - and I know you don't have any to waste. Be sure to stop by regularly, or you can subscribe to RSS feeds (at the top right hand side of this page) or subscribe to the newsletters. This way you can be sure to know when I continue writing on this topic.
Over to you:
Was this helpful to you in any way?
Are there any questions you would like to ask?