Want to learn how to easily create a WordPress blog in 5 minutes?
You are in the right place to learn how to create a WordPress blog. Read on, follow the advice and start your own online business.
You look around the World Wide Web and you see blogs all over the place.
You know, you would also like to get into creating your own Website or Blog, but how can you start?
What do you have to do to have your own WordPress site?
WordPress is one of the world's largest blogging platforms and it is a complete content management system (CMS).
It's a great way to build many different types of websites
In this article you will learn how easy it can be to get your blog or website up and running quickly.
What would your blog be about?
For a detailed report and allot of advice on starting your own blog, get your free Blog Profits Blueprint
Learn how to finally locate your "Blog Money Topic" and create your first profitable online offer.
Choosing a Web Host
- Premium customer service, reliability and usability
- Easy-to-use control panel
- Custom-build servers to provide the most stable and reliable hosting environment
- Quickly get started with the one-click WordPress install provided by MOJO Marketplace
- Expert, in-house technical support provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unlimited websites, email accounts, and domains - all on one account at an affordable price
- No gimmicks, no contracts.
- 30-day money back guarantee and the option to cancel at any time.
Special price just for you
If you sign up through this tutorial, you'll get a special offer of shared hosting at $3.95/month for 36 months, and a FREE domain name for a year.
Before you set up your hosting account
To speed up the process:
1. Know what domain name you want
Choosing your domain name is like choosing the name of your shop.
Questions to ask yourself about your domain name:
- Do I want my own name as my domain name?
- What will my blog/website be about? Choosing a domain name like bestclothing[dot]com when you want to write about psychology would not be a good idea.
- What will I mainly be writing about? Again, if you want to write only about diets, don't choose a domain name like chairs[dot]com.
- Do I have more than one option for a domain name? Sometimes the domain name you would like to use is already taken. Have more than one option available (use extensions for example: dietideas[dot]com, onlinedietideas[dot]com, etc.)
- Keep in mind, the best domain name to choose is a [dot]com.
When you go to Bluehost, you will see a blue block where you can type in the domain name you would like to test for availability and see whether the name you would like to use is still available.
Type in the name, choose [dot]what (for example [dot]com, [dot]co, [dot]org, [dot]net, etc) and click on check availability. If it's not available, just click on the block again to type in another domain name.
2. Have your credit card for payment ready before you get started
When you have your card you are going to use for payment ready, you don't have to start running around to get your card after you chose your domain name.
Set Up your hosting account
To easily set up your hosting account with Bluehost, follow the easy steps below.
1) Go to Bluehost's home page and click "Get Started Now"
2) Choose a plan
Which plan would you like?
3) Choose a domain name
Remember the questions at the top?
Did you try to see whether the domain name you want is available?
Now you must give your site a domain name.
If you already own a domain name and would just like to host it at Bluehost, you will just have to go through a few extra steps to point your DNS to Bluehost.
If you don't already have a domain name, you can purchase it right there in the sign-up process.
But, the best part is, it comes free if you choose the Managed WordPress hosting account.
4) Fill in your personal information
After you entered a domain name, you must fill in your personal information like in the example below:
5) Choose your package
Choose which hosting package you want.
Things to keep in mind:
- Normal, shared hosting packages are priced at 12-, 24- and 36-month terms.
- Save money by purchasing for a longer term. When you do this, the monthly rate will be lower.
- Example: when you choose a 36-month hosting term, you get the great introductory rate of $3.95 per month.
- AND, when you choose to host with Bluehost, if you ever need more than a shared hosting account, Bluehost gives seamless upgrades to VPS or dedicated server hosting accounts from inside your cPanel (Control panel)
On the "Product information" page there are a few other offers provided, which can be included at your own discretion.
It is recommended, though, that you choose "Domain Privacy" which is a paid service that allows personal information to be kept private on WHOIS databases.
After you filled in your information and you chose your hosting package, click on the "Next" button to complete your purchase.
You will be asked to create a password for your account.
You can use the Password Generator to create a strong and secure password, or create one yourself. To find out more about passwords and protecting your WordPress website, you can read the article on 10 simple steps to increase website security.
It is strongly recommended that you use both capital and lowercase letters, a number or two and special characters like $%&. This will ensure that you have a strong enough password to protect your account.
The great news is, now that you are all signed up and you are able to log into your account, you can install WordPress.
Sometimes when people start out, this is the most complicated step for them, but Bluehost worked hard to make this easy for you.
They do this by using the new MOJO Marketplace for installing WordPress and other applications.
1) Choose the cPanel tab and under Website builders choose "Install WordPress"
This will take you to the installation window.
2) Click the green "start" button
After this, you have a few steps to follow:
Step 1: Choose where you want to install WordPress.
This can be any domain on your account, or a subdomain or a folder for one of your domains.
Click on "Check Domain" - this will make sure the domain is assigned and pointing to your account.
You may receive a warning that you are overwriting files, but if you don't have another website built yet, you can check the box and continue.
This is to make certain that you really want to install in that location.
So, If you do have other sites built, please make sure you're not overwriting something important.
Step 2: Show Advanced Options
In this section you can set up your own username and password for your WordPress install.
Don't use "admin" as your username!! And choose a very strong password. Using LastPass might be a great option for you too, you can find out more about them in 10 steps to increase website security.
Double check that the "Automatically create a new database for this installation" box is checked, except if you have a database already set-up that you want to use.
Step 3: Terms and Conditions
After you read the terms and conditions, check the box indicating that you did it and that you agree with them.
Click "Install Now"
Step 4: Installing
The following screen is the installation page which shows you how far along your installation is.
When WordPress is fully installed, you will be provided with your site URL, the admin login URL, your username and your passwod.
You will receive a copy of this information, except your password in an email as well.
Make sure you keep this email in a safe place.
Step 5: Log into your WordPress site
Hooray!! Now you can log into your WordPress site by going to the admin login URL.
Enter your username and password and click "Log In".
This takes you to your WordPress dashboard where you can control everything to do with your WordPress site.
This is also where you create pages, write posts and change the appearance of your site.
A little extra help
1)Here's a video to walk you through the process:
2) Or buy a book to guide you through the process. This one is the best with the visual step-by-step guide
3) Go to this post: How to learn everything you need to know to build your website all in one place.
If you sign up through this tutorial, you receive a special offer of:
- shared hosting at $3.95/month for 36 months and
- a free domain name for 1 year!!
Now that you have a blog, what are you going to do with it?
Some people blog for money and other's do it for fun, but actually these two should go together.
If you don't like what you're doing, it won't be fun and you will give up soon.
If you do it only for money, you'll quit before you really get somewhere.
Remember the popular saying:
Sadly, this is also true in the blogosphere. The people who make more money are the people who are willing so spend some money.
If you would like to follow a step-by-step guide helping you to get the most our of your blog, you should take a look at these articles about Fast Track Cash.
The road ahead might be tough if you don't have someone who can take you by the hand and guide you. There is one place (and it's the only one I know of) where you receive the most support from a community of people standing together, guiding, helping and supporting each other.
Someone to support you when you want to give up.
There is one place (and it's the only one I know of) where you receive the most support from a community of people standing together, guiding, helping and supporting each other.
That place is Wealthy Affiliate.
You can also read this article on how to become a web developer expert to help you even more.
Don't forget to share
Did you find this post helpful?
Share it with your friends, I'm sure they will learn something from it too.
A bonus to you
Sign up for Passive Profit Streams absolutely free and receive 5 passive online business models to help you generate cash on autopilot by using these proven methods.
When you sign up, you receive the following:
|Passive Profit Streams PDFs (6)
MP3 Audios (6)
Video Lesson 1 - Intro and Mindset
Video Lesson 2 - Membership Sites
Video Lesson 3 - Affiliate Marketing
Video Lesson 4 - Info Products
Video Lesson 5 - Ecommerce
Video Lesson 6 - List Building
I am giving you these because you are a valued reader and follower of me and my site.
When you sign up, you will go to the page immediately where you can download these.
But you will receive an email as well, please click on the link to confirm it, otherwise you won't be subscribed to my list and won't receive updates and freebies I send out only to my subscribers.