There are many ways to make money - if you are a musician, one of the ways is to sell your music digitally
If you have been following me for a while, you will know that I love to sing and (between you and me) it has been my dream to become a famous singer since I was a teenager.
I am currently trying to follow my dream, that is why I became a student a singing studio where we mostly sing known songs from backtracks.
Why hasn't this dream realized? Because I am falling around between following this dream, teaching my kids and everyday normal life. When I got married, I let this dream slide for a few years and only realized that it never went away a few years ago. I try to live my dream on the sideline, besides there weren't so many opportunities for wannabe singers then as there are now.
But enough about me, I'm sure you came by to see how you can make money and sell music digitally - what I want you to understand out of this story of mine is:
Your dreams will never go away - it is up to YOU to make them reality before it is too late!!
A changed era = opportunities
The entire world has changed with the coming of the internet and computers. Everything is becoming digital and it is becoming easier to publicize your own books, create awesome videos and sell music digitally.
Depending on your talents, where you live and you interests, there are ways to make money online, here we are concentrating on how you can sell music digitally.
How you can make money and sell music digitally
- The music you create, must be your own songs, written by you or someone you know = originals.
- Don't use music from well known artists, this can get you in trouble because of copy right.
- Record the song or songs at a recording studio. I live in a small town and here are 4 recording studios, I am certain you will find one in your area.
- And last, but not least and definitely the easiest part, go to the Tunecore website. Here you will find everything you need.
- You'll find an interview with Kendall Schmidt.
- After you read the interview you can look on your right hand side, there is a video from EES giving Tunecore a Thank you message (I thoroughly enjoyed this one)
- Most importantly, in the top right side you will find: Sell your music, get a publishing deal, pricing, success stories and blog. - this is where you want to go.
- Also you can learn how you can make money from your music on YouTube.
- For a small fee, Tunecore helps you collect royalties.
- Your compositions will be available to music supervisors which gives you opportunities to have your music played in TV, Films, commercials, video games, etc.
What are you waiting for, make money - sell your music digitally
So, if you are a musician, don't wait for a record deal to fall on your lap, go get it tiger.
Over to you:
Was this article helpful? Were you dreaming of getting signed up for a music deal and did not know where to start? If this helped you in any way, feel free to leave a comment below and let us know.
This post on how you can make money by selling your music digitally was created in partnership with eAccountable and all opinions are my own. For more information, read the disclosure policy.