It is allot easier to do the (four) 4 times table if you know these simple tricks:
Be sure to follow the simple trick for the other tables as well, like for the six (6) times table, just click here.
Let's start with counting in four:
- I know everybody can do this, but it must be done to make sure that you get the most out of these tips and to make sure that you see the patterns.
- 4, 8, 12, 16, 20
- 24, 28, 32, 36, 40
- 44, 48, 52, 56, 60
- 64, 68, 72, 76, 80
- That should about do it, you will notice that the 4, 8, +1(in front) and 2, 6 and +1 in front and 0 at the back stays in this format, no matter how far you count, so when counting in fours, this is the easiest way to remember how to count onwards.
Now, let's do the tables
- This is the easiest one of all, so if you had this figured out already, I am sure that the six and nine times table secrets will still be new to you, so be sure to check them out.
- The only simple trick to make the four times table easy is that you and your student must know your doubles.
- All you have to do is double whatever you multiply with 4 and double the answer again, let me show you
- let's take 6 x 4 =
- 6 doubled is 12 and 12 doubled is 24, so your answer is 24.
- Let's take another one, just to be sure again,
- 12 x 4 =
- 12 doubled is 24 and 24 doubled is 48, so the answer is 48
- with this method you can go into billions if you are that good at doubling.
- let's take another one and you can check me on the calculator if you wish,
- 120 x 4 =
- 120 doubled is 240 and 240 doubled is 480, so the answer is 480
I am sure you got this, so now you can enjoy the four times table and answer without thinking, this is the easiest math trick I know and this should make math a breeze, especially the four times tables.
Other simple math tricks : make the 9 times table easy (you won't believe how easy this is - and it is not the finger method)
: make the 6 times table easy
In honor of my son who found these methods when he was 12, I ask you to please not copy these methods, but rather send people over to my site. I am sure they will thank you for it.
Are your kids struggling with math?
It becomes easier for them when they learn with games. I would suggest you let them play Hooda Math, they don't just enjoy it without realizing that they are learning, their knowledge really grows. Go ahead to Hooda Math - it's FREE.
These simple tricks to make the four (4) times table easy was first published on all-about-life-tips.com by Linda Pretorius.